Conference Presentation References
1. Conference presentation
Evans, A. C., Jr., Garbarino, J., Bocanegra, E., Kinscherff, R. T., & Márquez-Greene, N. (2019, August 8–11). Gun violence: An event on the power of community [Conference presentation]. APA 2019 Convention, Chicago, IL, United States. https://convention.apa.org/2019-video
- Parenthetical citation: (Evans et al., 2019)
- Narrative citation: Evans et al. (2019)
- Provide the names of the presenters in the author element of the reference.
- Provide the full dates of the conference in the date element of the reference.
- Describe the presentation in square brackets after the title. The description is flexible (e.g., “[Conference session],” “[Paper presentation],” “[Poster session],” “[Keynote address]”).
- Provide the name of the conference or meeting and its location in the source element of the reference.
- If video of the conference presentation is available, include a link at the end of the reference.
2. Abstract of a conference presentation
Cacioppo, S. (2019, April 25–28). Evolutionary theory of social connections: Past, present, and future [Conference presentation abstract]. Ninety-ninth annual convention of the Western Psychological Association, Pasadena, CA, United States. https://westernpsych.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/WPA-Program-2019-Final-2.pdf
- Parenthetical citation: (Cacioppo, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Cacioppo (2019)
- To cite only the abstract of a conference presentation, include the word “abstract” as part of the bracketed description (e.g., “[Conference presentation abstract]”).