This page contains reference examples for ISO standards, including standards from ISO and OSHA.
International Organization for Standardization. (2018). Occupational health and safety management systems—Requirements with guidance for use (ISO Standard No. 45001:2018). https://www.iso.org/standard/63787.html
Occupational Safety and Health Administration. (1970). Occupational safety and health standards: Occupational health and environmental control: Occupational noise exposure (OSHA Standard No. 1910.95). United States Department of Labor. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.95
- Parenthetical citations: (International Organization for Standardization, 2018; Occupational Safety and Health Administration, 1970)
- Narrative citations: International Organization for Standardization (2018) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970)
- For most standards, the author will be the organization setting the standard.
- For most standards, the date will be the year the standard was made effective. For OSHA standards, the year is usually 1970.
- Provide the standard number in parentheses after the title without italics.