Open Educational Resource References
This page contains a reference example for an open educational resource (OER).
Fagan, J. (2019, March 25). Nursing clinical brain. OER Commons. Retrieved January 7, 2020, from https://www.oercommons.org/authoring/53029-nursing-clinical-brain/view
- Parenthetical citation: (Fagan, 2019)
- Narrative citation: Fagan (2019)
- Create a reference to an OER only when the materials are available for download directly (i.e., the materials are on the page and/or can be downloaded as PDFs or other files). If you are directed to another website, create a reference to the specific webpage on that website where the materials can be retrieved. Use this format for material in any OER repository, such as OER Commons, OASIS, or MERLOT.
- Provide as specific a date as is available on the webpage. This might be a year only; a year and month; or a year, month, and day.
- Italicize the title of a webpage.
- When contents of a page are meant to be updated over time but are not archived, include a retrieval date in the reference.