Press Release References
This page contains a reference example for a press release.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2019, November 15). FDA approves first contact lens indicated to slow the progression of nearsightedness in children [Press release]. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-contact-lens-indicated-slow-progression-nearsightedness-children
- Parenthetical citation: (U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 2019)
- Narrative citation: U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2019)
- Provide the name of the group that released the press release as the author.
- Include the description “[Press release]” in square brackets after the title of the press release.
- When the author and the publisher of the press release are the same, omit the publisher to avoid repetition, as shown in the example.