Abide by the following community guidelines when commenting on the APA Style blog or website:
- Be critical and thought provoking, but not malicious or degrading.
- We will edit or delete any comments that are profane, malicious, degrading, pornographic in nature, or unnecessarily hurtful.
- No personal attacks, hate speech, or threats toward individuals, religious figures, or other comment posters.
- No flaming, trolling, or baiting.
- Do not post comments or images that defame, compromise trade secrets, or violate the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
- To protect users’ privacy, do not include your or others’ personal information, such as email addresses, in your comments.
- This is an online community for our users, not a means for advertisers to promote their websites or products. Therefore, we will delete all advertising posts.
- We are happy to answer questions posed in the comments. However, please do not submit the same question to multiple posts. Also do not leave a comment on a post and also email us or message us on social media; the same team answers queries in all places. Duplicates will be deleted.
- The views and opinions expressed in blog comments belong to the people who write them only.
- When quoting any other blog or publication, link to the original and use quotation marks or indents for longer text.
- Blog editors review all comments and may remove your comments at the sole discretion of APA.
- APA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.