As a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19), many colleges and universities have moved to online-only instruction and distance learning. We know that this means physical libraries are at limited capacity or closed entirely. We want to do what we can to help.
To support academic libraries and their many patrons, we are providing temporary free access to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th and 7th editions), the Concise Guide to APA Style, and more than 160 other books published by APA Books through VitalSource and RedShelf.
These will be available for free to instructors and students at participating nonprofit academic institutions affected by campus closures until May 25, 2020:
In addition, we have many APA Style resources that will remain freely available:
- A free Academic Writer® tutorial: Basics of Seventh Edition APA Style
- Free online seventh edition style and grammar guidelines
- A PDF handout guide to what’s new in the seventh edition (1.3MB)
- Other handouts and webinars for teaching and learning seventh edition APA Style
- Sample APA Style papers
- Ask the APA Style experts on Twitter, Facebook, and email
To learn more about other programs that APA is participating in to support distance learning, visit APA electronic resources available for distance learning.
Finally, APA also has other resources that may be of use for you and your communities: