The official interactive guide to learning APA Style
The Mastering APA Style Student Workbook engages users online with interactive questions to learn and apply the basic principles of APA Style and scholarly writing.
About the workbook
The Mastering APA Style Student Workbook is presented on VitalSource’s Acrobatiq courseware platform, which is rooted in learning science to help students gain mastery through applied practice. More than 1,000 questions are included across nine modules that match the organization of the Concise Guide to APA Style and the Publication Manual:
- student paper types, elements, and format
- writing style and grammar
- bias-free language
- punctuation, lists, and italics
- spelling, capitalization, and abbreviations
- numbers and statistics
- tables and figures
- works credited in text
- reference list
An effective tool for independent study or classroom use via course adoption, the workbook keeps learners engaged with 12 question types, including multiple choice, image hotspot, drag and drop, fill in the blank, and text input.
- Learning objectives for each page tie questions to concrete learning outcomes.
- Questions written by APA Style experts provide scaffolded learning and supportive guidance through practice.
- Hints for every question lead to relevant style manual sections (linked in bundled versions).
- Real-time feedback to questions with unlimited attempts creates a no-pressure environment for learners to master APA Style.
- Before You Continue activities after each module support student self-evaluation of learning and provide an estimate of student and course performance.
- Integration is supported for all major learning management systems, such as Canvas, Blackboard, D2L, and Moodle.
- The Learning Dashboard provides rich data analytics that instructors can use to measure student learning and engagement, receive actionable insights on individual- and course-level performance, and provide targeted feedback and support. Find out more about the Learning Dashboard.
Try the workbook for free
The Mastering APA Style Student Workbook provides an innovative learning and teaching experience for students as well as instructors who use the workbook through course adoption.
Watch this short video of an APA Style expert demonstrating the workbook features and functionality. Or watch an on-demand webinar about the workbook to learn more about its features and educational benefits.
You can also try a sample of the workbook for free. The free sample workbook includes one page from each of the nine modules and a variety of question types.
Get the workbook
• Best option for high school and early undergraduate students and those new to APA Style
• Full workbook access with hints linking directly to Concise Guide sections
• Full ebook access to the Concise Guide via VitalSource
Perpetual access: $44.99 | 1-year rental: $39.99 | 180-day rental: $34.99
• Best option for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, professionals, and copyeditors
• Full workbook access with hints linking directly to Publication Manual sections
• Full ebook access to the Publication Manual via VitalSource
Perpetual access: $49.99 | 1-year rental: $44.99 | 180-day rental: $39.99
• Best option for people who already own an APA Style manual
• Full workbook access with hints that list sections of the Concise Guide and Publication Manual (not linked)
• Owners of an ebook APA Style manual can link their VitalSource accounts for single sign-in
Perpetual access: $29.99 | 1-year rental: $24.99 | 180-day rental: $19.99
Want to adopt the workbook for your course or workshop?
- Try out the sample workbook for instructors.
- Explore the Learning Dashboard for instructors.
- Email the APA Sales Team with your questions or to learn more about the adoption process.
- Submit an adoption request or request an exam copy.
- Log in with your APA account to submit a course adoption request. No account yet? Register for free.
- All adoption requests must be received at least 30 days prior to the start of the course. An APA representative will follow up via email to begin the adoption process.
- Instructors considering course adoption receive access to the Mastering APA Style Student Workbook only (without direct links to an APA Style manual ebook). Please allow a few days for fulfillment.