This page contains reference examples for conference proceedings, including the following:
Duckworth, A. L., Quirk, A., Gallop, R., Hoyle, R. H., Kelly, D. R., & Matthews, M. D. (2019). Cognitive and noncognitive predictors of success. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 116(47), 23499–23504. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1910510116
- Parenthetical citation: (Duckworth et al., 2019)
- Narrative citation: Duckworth et al. (2019)
- Conference proceedings published in a journal follow the same format as journal articles.
Kushilevitz, E., & Malkin, T. (Eds.). (2016). Lecture notes in computer science: Vol. 9562. Theory of cryptography. Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49096-9
- Parenthetical citation: (Kushilevitz & Malkin, 2016)
- Narrative citation: Kushilevitz and Malkin (2016)
- Conference proceedings published as a whole book follow the same reference format as whole edited books.
Bedenel, A.-L., Jourdan, L., & Biernacki, C. (2019). Probability estimation by an adapted genetic algorithm in web insurance. In R. Battiti, M. Brunato, I. Kotsireas, & P. Pardalos (Eds.), Lecture notes in computer science: Vol. 11353. Learning and intelligent optimization (pp. 225–240). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05348-2_21
- Parenthetical citation: (Bedenel et al., 2019)
- Narrative citation: Bedenel et al. (2019)
- The format for conference proceedings published as an edited book chapter is the same as for edited book chapters.