This page contains a reference example for an article from the UpToDate database.
Bordeaux, B., & Lieberman, H. R. (2020). Benefits and risks of caffeine and caffeinated beverages. UpToDate. Retrieved February 26, 2020, from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/benefits-and-risks-of-caffeine-and-caffeinated-beverages
- Parenthetical citation: (Bordeaux & Lieberman, 2020)
- Narrative citation: Bordeaux and Lieberman (2020)
- Articles in the UpToDate database are available only in that database and have information that changes over time.
- In the reference list, format UpToDate articles like periodical articles. Italicize the database name in the reference like a periodical title, but do not italicize the database name if it appears in the text.
- Use the year of last update in the date element.
- Include a retrieval date because the content is designed to change over time and versions of the page are not archived.